This portrait is on the front cover of the Fr. Patrick Dowd: 24 November 1813-24 November 2013 Bi-Centenary Booklet. The portrait is kept in Cappogue, County Louth, where Father Dowd’s brothers John and Nicholas resided.
This Chalice, dated 1724, is made of Irish silver and gold lining.
It is inscribed by Guilielmus (= William) O’Reilly Drogheda.
The Chalice was used by a number of priests in the family, including
Fr Patrick Dowd’s Grand Uncle Fr Dowd
Fr Patrick Dowd’s cousin Fr Patrick Morgan 1815 – 1847
Fr Patrick Dowd 1813 – 1891
It was also used in the commemorative mass for Father Patrick Dowd’s Bicentennary on 24 November 2013.